Sunday, May 3, 2009

Quarter Life Crisis

This afternoon, after church hour, I had lunch with 2 of my best friends. Suddenly, our conversation circulates around crisis. This not the kind of world crisis such as poverty, swine flu or the global financial crisis. It’s about life crisis... quarter life crisis. Sounds familiar? Or you’re one of those who are dealing with it now?

Three of us, me and my 2 friends are almost 25. And all of us are kinda questioning about all the uncertainty that surrounding our life.

First situation
My friend number 1. She is a girl with big talent and passion in graphic design, product design and fashion design. But she is confused. Her fiance currently is living in the US. They have plans for married and starting a life as a newlyweds...abroad. But seems like the global financial crisis has taken it’s effect and it caused her fiance not easily to find a job. My friend has a lot of talent inside of her but still considering what kind of job that suits her.

Second situation
My friend number 2. She is a vibrant and vivacious girl. Actually she is the youngest around the three of us. Just broke up from the-not-really-supportive relationship....if I could say so. Still wondering what’s next for her life. Still thinking about all the upcoming events. Talented, attractive and looking around for opportunity to breakthrough.

Third situation
It’s me. Yeah it’s me, myself and I. Mmmm where should I start?......I just got into a panel interview 2 days backward. Well, I kinda suspicious about what’s gonna happened next after the result informed. But I do wish that I could receive some kind of good news from the panel result.

I found a key word. The key word is ‘search’. Yes ‘search’. We all are still searching for what suits us and searching for certainty. Life is a rollercoaster lately. When you’re on the peak, you prepare yourself to slide down and scream. When you’re on the bottom, you’re crawling up until you reach the peakest point.

Lucky me, although I’m still searching for what I am unless I’m surrounded by people that truly care about me. When you get lost in a place that you’ve never been before it will creeps you out even more when you don’t have someone that you could trust beside you. But when someone that you could trust is right beside you and together you’re trying to find a way out...I guess what we should worried about? Nothing I guess.
Together we could find a way out. Together we could patch things up. Together we could crawl up to the top.

Lord know dreams are hard to follow but don’t let anyone take them away. Hold on there will be tomorrow. In time, you’ll find a way.....(Hero by Mariah Carey)

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog a lot
    It’s very insightful hehe
    And regarding this topic…
    I can’t agree more…

    Life is all about searching and searching...
    We as human will not be satisfied enough with what we have right now.
    There will always be enough reason to search for something more.
    But searching can sometimes be too obscure.
    And we don’t always get what we are searching for.
    But well for what it’s worth…it’s the effort that counts.
    At least you know that you have fought for it.
    And never giving up coz there’s a million of other possibilities out there.

    And you were right…
    The most important of all is the people who truly care for us.
    To know that they always got your back is somewhat tranquilizing all the anxiety of searching…
    Together we could not only crawl to the top but fly to the top :)

    ReplyDelete